X freeze after close/open LCD (I7.5k)

  • hajic@cs.jhu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2000

      my config: I7500, SVGA 15.4" screen; RH Linux 6.2, running Mach64,
      KDE; APM enabled.

      When I close my screen, and re-open it, the whole machine freezes (not
      just X in fact). Keyboard is not responsive (not even Ctrl+Alt+Del, or
      anything), and the only thing I can do is power off.

      If X is *not* running, the computer enters happily the suspend mode
      after the display is closed and after opening it up, it wakes up
      without problems.

      It is OK even if I am switched to one of the VTs at the moment of
      closing the display (even if X is running in VT 7).

      Thanks for any hints,

      -- Jan