Fast typing crashes X session?

  • Omi Chandiramani
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2000
      I have a strange problem running X. If I type too fast X crashes!
      I can reproduce this easily by opening an xterm, and just
      banging away (lightly!) on the keyboard. X crashes without fail
      everytime.

      Specifics:

      Latitude CPx H500GT
      RH 6.0 system, with kernel 2.2.14, and XFree86 v3.3.5
      I am using the XF86Config file from Dell Support.

      I see this in /var/log/messages when the crash occurs:

      May 5 09:54:25 limca PAM_pwdb[2077]: (gdm) session closed for user
      omi
      May 5 09:54:25 limca gdm[2077]: gdm_auth_user_remove: /home/omi is
      not owned by uid 0.
      May 5 09:54:25 limca gdm[2077]: gdm_auth_user_remove: Ignoring
      suspiciously looking cookie file /home/omi/.Xauthority
      May 5 09:54:25 limca gnome-name-server[2142]: input condition is:
      0x10, exiting

      Any clues on why this may be happening?

      Omi

      PS: It took me three attempts towrite this mail without crashing - I
      have to type verrrrrrrrrry s l o w l y. whew