XF86Config on Latitude CPx J650GT

  • peterm@copen.sgi.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2000
      Hi

      Just received my new Latitude J650GT, loaded the Redhat 6.2
      without problem... Except running X on the LCD. If I run
      it from the Docking station to a SGI monitor, I got no problem.

      I've tried to use XF86Config files from the Dell Support page
      i75olnx2.rpm for redhat 6.2
      i75olnxf.rpm for redhat 6.1

      Their are very alike, only some modeline naming diffs

      The screen appear to have no sync at all, and sometime
      even when jumping to a virtual console (CTRL-ALT-F1) it
      loses it sync and only a reboot seems to clear it.

      Anybody got any ideas ?!?

      Thanks,

      /Peter
    • register@mer.utexas.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2000
        Hello,

        I just got my Dell Latitude CPxJ650GT & tried to install Redhat 6.2
        wihtout the docking port & got essentially nowhere (blanks screen, or
        one with some vertical lines in the case of 6.1), apparently
        because of the LCD problem. The docking port is in the mail so
        I should have it soon. Anyway since you're now experienced---for
        better or worse---with Redhat 6.2 on this system, could you tell
        me:

        (1) Did you ever get it to run correctly outside of
        the docking station?
        (2) If so, how?
        (3) If so, how do you switch between the two?

        Thanks,

        Frank