Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Bell Atlantic ADSL configuration

  • Charles W Roland
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2000
      I'm not sure what you mean by 'configuring the linux box as the server', but I
      am using BA Infospeed under Linux (Mandrake 6.5) on a dell CPx H. Go to
      Roaring penguin and grab their most recent ppoe client :
      http://www.roaringpenguin.com/rp-pppoe-1.8.tar.gz. It pretty much
      self-installs, prompting you for any needed configuration information. With
      the most recent version (v 1.8), I even have adsl connectivity from inside a
      VMware Win98 client. Rp-ppoe has a script that handles the necessary
      firewall/forwarding/masquerading setup. Thus, the linux box (dell CPx H) is
      acting as a router through which both the Linux host and the vmware Win98
      client have internet access.