Changing the same network card

  • -7ater
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      I have an 18k that I have configured to boot with a Linksys 10/100 pc
      card. Everything seems to be working good. I needed to make 3 more
      machines identical to it. I built up the OS, ran the patches for pcmcia,
      restored /etc , /usr , and /home to make the machines identical. this
      worked. When I put one of the new cards in and boot up I get a fail on
      Xintd and the network fails. However if I put the card from the original
      machine in the new machine it works fine.

      I know this is probably a simple solution, but what do I have to do to get
      the machine(s) to work with these new cards?

      Thanks!!!!!

      At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find
      at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.