Re: [linux-dell-laptops] 1GB ram on I8000?

  • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      To the point, the Intel 815 chipset used in the I8000 is the limiting
      factor. It only supports 512 MB RAM no matter how it is packaged, so
      512 MB is it. You can try putting larger modules in, but it almost
      certainly won't work. At least it is better than my friends Sony
      VAIO PCG-F680 - he tried putting 512 MB in it, but 256 MB is apparently
      all it can do (we verified that at the Sony support site).

      --
      John Cronin