RE: [linux-dell-laptops] 1GB ram on I8000?

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      The 815 chipset inside the i8000 only supports a maximum of 512MB

      - Trevor

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        To the point, the Intel 815 chipset used in the I8000 is the limiting
        factor. It only supports 512 MB RAM no matter how it is packaged, so
        512 MB is it. You can try putting larger modules in, but it almost
        certainly won't work. At least it is better than my friends Sony
        VAIO PCG-F680 - he tried putting 512 MB in it, but 256 MB is apparently
        all it can do (we verified that at the Sony support site).

        --
        John Cronin