1GB ram on I8000?

  • prasad_alavilli@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      Is there any way to have 1GB of ram on I8000?
      Need 2 512k modules - anyone makes them?

      Thanks for any info.

      Prasad
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        You would probably want 2 512M modules, rather than 2 512k modules. :)
        In any case though, I don't think the I8K supports memory banks larger
        than 256M, thus limiting you to 512M.

        Crucial.com's website claims the max mem of the I8K is 512M too..

        -steve

        On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 06:26:15PM -0000, prasad_alavilli@... wrote:

        > Is there any way to have 1GB of ram on I8000?
        > Need 2 512k modules - anyone makes them?
        >
        > Thanks for any info.
        >
        > Prasad

        "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
      • Trevor
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          The 815 chipset inside the i8000 only supports a maximum of 512MB

          - Trevor

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
            To the point, the Intel 815 chipset used in the I8000 is the limiting
            factor. It only supports 512 MB RAM no matter how it is packaged, so
            512 MB is it. You can try putting larger modules in, but it almost
            certainly won't work. At least it is better than my friends Sony
            VAIO PCG-F680 - he tried putting 512 MB in it, but 256 MB is apparently
            all it can do (we verified that at the Sony support site).

            --
            John Cronin