Linksys EtherFast 10/100 + 56K pc card

  • jaylat@freewwweb.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2000
      Hi,

      First I have to say that I am a complete newbie with linux, so bear
      with me if I as a dumb question.

      I purchased this card for my Dell Inspiron 7000 for the express
      purpose of using it with linux. I followed the instructions on the
      Linksys web site but I still get nothing from it. As a matter of fact
      before I re-compiled the kernel per Linksys' instructions one of the
      lights on the LAN side would come on at boot and I would get 2 beeps
      high/low, now I get nothing.

      Has anyone had success installing this card?

      Could the internal winmodem be causing a problem?

      By the way I'm using the Mandrake 7.0 distro if that makes a
      difference.

      Thanks,

      Jay Latham