RE: [linux-dell-laptops] (unknown)

  • mavin
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001

      Look at the files section of the yahoo groups pages.

      mn

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
        I know it may seem funny. But there is a 'setup' command you can run
        from the command line. It brings up a color console window and allows
        you to chose form a list of what you would like to configure. Some of
        the options are Network, mouse etc. The very last option is the 'X
        Configuration'.

        I have the NVIDIA GeForce w/32M.

        Thanks

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > --
        > stephen lau :: [slau@u...] :: www.whacked.net :: ucsd/cse grad
        student
        > "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open
        one's mouth and remove all doubt."
      • Ravi Pratap M
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
          Hi there,

          On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 fpm@... wrote:

          > I know it may seem funny. But there is a 'setup' command you can run
          > from the command line. It brings up a color console window and allows

          Indeed there is :-) It is quite handy when you want to perform
          simple tasks like set which services should be started etc.

          Newbies find it nice because they see they can do a couple of
          things all form one place without remembering too many config file
          locations :-)

          Regards,

          Ravi

          --
          "If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
          who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

          -- David Duchovny in Readers' Digest

          Ravi Pratap M <ravi@...>
          <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>
        • Stephen Lau
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2001
            wow... didn't know such a command existed. i guess Red Hat is tailoring
            their distribution to a wider crowd now, which hopefully will address the
            inherent difficulties in configuring linux. i'm impressed. (i still
            think i prefer Debian though <g>.. nothing beats apt-get)

            in any case...yeah, check the files section - numerous people have posted
            their I8K with G2G XF86Config files...

            cheers,
            steve