Re: [linux-dell-laptops] I8000 Only 1 fan working?

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2001
      On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 08:42:32AM -0000, Don wind wrote:
      > I watched a dvd movie today for the first time, and noticed, only one
      > of the cooling fans turned on when the system got warm. There are 2
      > fans. Aren't they supposed to work together? Is this unusual?

      Hi Don,
      The second fan turns on when it is needed...usually when I watch
      a DVD movie - only one fan runs. I usually only get both running when I
      do parallel simulations, or heavy-duty code compiling.
      (or DivX->SVCD conversions)

      -steve

      "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."