Re: [linux-dell-laptops] System Lock-up on install (insp 7500)

  • Stefan Geis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2000
      Hi Dave and Erick,

      this is just to give an additional hint on the diagnosis of your
      problem, Erick.

      > I had a similar problem and found that it was caused by the Xserver not
      > supporting the chip set.

      I do not think so, Dave. I had no problems with setting up linux on my
      inspiron 7500 - but I used (hey, I am german...;-) the SUSE
      distribution. As far as I know (which is not very far...) the
      Xserver-thing should not be that different to the Red Hat one. However,
      I can not contribute more to a possible solution of this problem.

      Good luck anyway

      Stefan