Latitude CPxJ, X 4.1.0, DRI, and ati/r128 problems

  • gilmour_37@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2001
      I am having some problems with a Latitude CPxJ and ATI Rage driver,
      and I'm hoping that someone else has run into this. I have the
      standard Rage Mobility chip.

      I've just upgraded to X 4.1.0, and most everything is working
      correctly. Specifically, I'm interested in getting DRI working. From
      what I can tell, though, there is no support for DRI using the 'ati'
      module. If I try to use the 'r128' driver, though, which I believe
      does have DRI support, I get the following error when starting X:

      (EE) No Devices Detected

      I've specified the BusID as "PCI:1:0:0", which is where my adapter is
      located, but no luck there, either.

      Another strange thing is that if I stick to the 'ati' driver, and run
      'xvinfo', I get the following message:

      X-Video Extension version 2.2
      Screen #0
      no adaptors present

      I see this same result when running on the LCD and on an external
      monitor through the docking base.

      Any thoughts on this would be great? Thanks!