Re: I8k H2 switch off boot splash screen ?

  • Rich Pinkall Pollei
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2001
      Mike,

      There is a file, `splasha0.exe' on the Dell support site. You can use
      it to remove the factory-installed splash screen, in which case you'll
      get the default Dell boot screen with the POST progress meter. The
      factory-installed screen is included so you can restore it if you lose
      it, as I did when I downgraded my BIOS from A10 to A09 temporarily.
      And if you really want to be creative, you can install your own splash
      screen by following the specs in the README file.

      Rich Pinkall Pollei
      ---
      Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.