Re: Inspiron 5000 - RHat 7.1 - A05 Bios...

  • mc_ewansa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., jhood@e... wrote:
      > I have a problem that the keyboard locks (very often...) and the
      only
      > resolution is to suspend to disk and unsuspend... The problem
      > started after upgrading the bios to A05 after my new battery
      > arrived... has anyone found a solution to this problem...

      Do you use a USB mouse with your laptop? I have similar problem - the
      keyboard locks up. It happens with A05 and A06 BIOS versions. I gave
      up using my USB mouse and now everything works normal. However, it is
      not a solution to the problem...

      mc_ewans.
    • jhood@epix.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
        No USB mouse (or anything else...) it does it with just the
        laptop...

        JH
      • mc_ewansa@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 5, 2001
          --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., jhood@e... wrote:
          > No USB mouse (or anything else...) it does it with just the
          > laptop...
          >
          > JH

          Which kernel number do you run? Did you recompile the kernel or you
          use a default kernel which comes with your linux distro?

          Could you please mail your kernel config file? I could compare it with
          my kernel config? I was blaming on the USB mouse but it seems that it
          could be some weird settings in the kernel config which do this
          fuss...

          Mc_ewans.
        • Zahid Saleem
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2001
            Can you please tell me how I can remove my email from this group Please ?