[linux-dell-laptops] Re: 3CCFE575BT (3COM)

  • Steve Haslam
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 1999
      On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 03:03:09PM -0700, michael.zimmerman@... wrote:
      > Maybe you know a lot more than I do.
      >
      > I'm installing Linux on a Latitude CPi D300XT, with a 3CCFE575BT.
      >
      > I am trying to understand which driver to use, and saw your
      > e-mail. Where did you pick the 575 driver?
      > Is this the one for me?

      [hm, it's not clear who you're replying to...]

      the PCMCIA packages identify the card and pick the driver according to
      /etc/pcmcia/config, e.g.:

      card "3Com 3CCFE575B/3CXFE575B Fast EtherLink XL"
      manfid 0x0101, 0x5157
      bind "3c575_cb"

      tells it to use 3c575_cb for that MANuFacturer ID.

      HTH

      SRH
      --
      Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK shaslam@...