Any RES other than 1024x768 w/ATI Rage Mobility

  • lpman@speakeasy.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2000
      Has anyone gotten another resolution other than 1024x768 to work on
      their Dell laptop w/ATI Rage Mobility chipset. I am using XFree-
      3.3.6 and the Mach_64 server. When I try to use a resolution other
      than 1024x768 in X my machine locks up and the LCD starts showing
      some wierd blue/white colors. If anyone has gotten this to work in
      800X600 and 640X480 I would like to know. I need those resolutiong
      for full screen apps that are attempting to change resolution on me.

      Thanks,
      LP
    • viv@nandomedia.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2001
        Hi I am trying to configure my laptop to use xwindos and cannot get
        it to work. my laptop is not detecting the video card which is Rage
        Mobility. and when I try to do a startx i receive the following None
        of the configured deviced were detected and fatal server error no
        screens found.

        If you have the driver could you please send it to me and if you have
        any other suggestions , that would be great

        Thanks
        Viv