Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Mandrake 8.0 and the GUI startup

  • Marc Fellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4 2:14 AM
      Aanhalen not_me@...:

      > Hi everybody,
      > I have Mandrake 8.0 on my Latitude CPx, everything seems to be working
      > just
      > perfect, except for that GUI start up, it never shows, I always get the
      > text
      > mode at start up (if you know what I'm talking about), I tried to
      > configure it
      > from the linuxconf by enabling it, but still it didn't solve the
      > problem.

      Have you tried the Madrake Control Centre to do this?

      > Another thing, I have a Zip 250 MB USB Drive, unfortunately, I haven't
      > had the
      > chance to use it, I tried to plug the device while linux is loaded but
      > it
      > didn't work, I tried to reboot the machine also, but still that didn't
      > solve
      > the problem?!! any ideas?

      unfortunatly not. I have the pcmcia 100Mb variant and that works (at least in
      7.2 of Mandrake) without problems.

      > I know you guys have the solution for such dumb questions...but hey, I'm
      > still
      > a newbie :), so please support me with your knowledge...
      >
      > CIAO

      Everyone started out to be a newbie :-{)

      Dit bericht was verstuurd met IMP: fellsoft.homeip.net
    • not_me@flashmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5 7:42 AM
        Yes I have tried the Mandrake Controle center, I have it enabled, but
        it doesn't work? I don't know what's the problem...?!