Inspiron 5000 - RHat 7.1 - A05 Bios...

  • jhood@epix.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
      I have a problem that the keyboard locks (very often...) and the only
      resolution is to suspend to disk and unsuspend... The problem
      started after upgrading the bios to A05 after my new battery
      arrived... has anyone found a solution to this problem...

      Thanks,
      Jeffrey Hood
      jhood@...
    • mc_ewansa@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., jhood@e... wrote:
        > I have a problem that the keyboard locks (very often...) and the
        only
        > resolution is to suspend to disk and unsuspend... The problem
        > started after upgrading the bios to A05 after my new battery
        > arrived... has anyone found a solution to this problem...

        Do you use a USB mouse with your laptop? I have similar problem - the
        keyboard locks up. It happens with A05 and A06 BIOS versions. I gave
        up using my USB mouse and now everything works normal. However, it is
        not a solution to the problem...

        mc_ewans.
      • jhood@epix.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
          No USB mouse (or anything else...) it does it with just the
          laptop...

          JH
        • mc_ewansa@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2001
            --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., jhood@e... wrote:
            > No USB mouse (or anything else...) it does it with just the
            > laptop...
            >
            > JH

            Which kernel number do you run? Did you recompile the kernel or you
            use a default kernel which comes with your linux distro?

            Could you please mail your kernel config file? I could compare it with
            my kernel config? I was blaming on the USB mouse but it seems that it
            could be some weird settings in the kernel config which do this
            fuss...

            Mc_ewans.
          • Zahid Saleem
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2001
              Can you please tell me how I can remove my email from this group Please ?