Mandrake 8.0 and the GUI startup

  • not_me@flashmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
      Hi everybody,
      I have Mandrake 8.0 on my Latitude CPx, everything seems to be working just
      perfect, except for that GUI start up, it never shows, I always get the text
      mode at start up (if you know what I'm talking about), I tried to configure it
      from the linuxconf by enabling it, but still it didn't solve the problem.
      Another thing, I have a Zip 250 MB USB Drive, unfortunately, I haven't had the
      chance to use it, I tried to plug the device while linux is loaded but it
      didn't work, I tried to reboot the machine also, but still that didn't solve
      the problem?!! any ideas?

      I know you guys have the solution for such dumb questions...but hey, I'm still
      a newbie :), so please support me with your knowledge...

      CIAO
    • Marc Fellman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2001
        Aanhalen not_me@...:

        > Hi everybody,
        > I have Mandrake 8.0 on my Latitude CPx, everything seems to be working
        > just
        > perfect, except for that GUI start up, it never shows, I always get the
        > text
        > mode at start up (if you know what I'm talking about), I tried to
        > configure it
        > from the linuxconf by enabling it, but still it didn't solve the
        > problem.

        Have you tried the Madrake Control Centre to do this?

        > Another thing, I have a Zip 250 MB USB Drive, unfortunately, I haven't
        > had the
        > chance to use it, I tried to plug the device while linux is loaded but
        > it
        > didn't work, I tried to reboot the machine also, but still that didn't
        > solve
        > the problem?!! any ideas?

        unfortunatly not. I have the pcmcia 100Mb variant and that works (at least in
        7.2 of Mandrake) without problems.

        > I know you guys have the solution for such dumb questions...but hey, I'm
        > still
        > a newbie :), so please support me with your knowledge...
        >
        > CIAO

        Everyone started out to be a newbie :-{)

        Dit bericht was verstuurd met IMP: fellsoft.homeip.net
      • not_me@flashmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2001
          Yes I have tried the Mandrake Controle center, I have it enabled, but
          it doesn't work? I don't know what's the problem...?!