Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Low-key beeps, what are they?

  • jsc3@havoc.gtf.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2001
      > I've only recently received my Inspiron 8000, and I am just getting it set up.
      > One thing that I've noticed that is bothering me is that it emits lots of
      > low-key beeps. I have not been able to see any connection to what Ive been
      > doing at the time. The beeps seem slightly more frequent in Linux (Mandrake
      > 8) than in WinME.

      My computer does not do this. It only beeps if I press the wrong key
      at the wrong time. I suggest you should call Dell.

      --
      John Cronin
    • mike.yahoo@snitzer.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2001
        My Inspiron 8000 used to emit muted beeps that were correlated with
        the harddrive spinning up, or seeking. Dell sent me a replacement
        harddrive and all was fixed. Up until I replaced the harddisk the
        muted beep was driving me crazy.

        Mike