[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux on Dell Latitude LT

  • Glen Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 1999
      The gentleman at this URL: http://centaurs.mtk.nao.ac.jp/~avell/LetsNote.html seems to have done some work on the problem. Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese! It seems as though he's binding the CD-ROM controller card to module "ide_cs," but then mounting the card on /dev/scd0, which seems to be a SCSI device.

      Now, this is a SCSI card, but it's also ATAPI. At the moment, those are mostly initials to me. But, from what little I read, it seems as though ATAPE devices should belong to an IDE controller, so why is he mounting /dev/scd0?