[linux-dell-laptops] 3CCFE575BT (3COM)

  • michael.zimmerman@teradyne.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 1999
      Maybe you know a lot more than I do.

      I'm installing Linux on a Latitude CPi D300XT, with a 3CCFE575BT.

      I am trying to understand which driver to use, and saw your
      e-mail. Where did you pick the 575 driver?
      Is this the one for me?

      Thanks,

      Mike Z
    • Steve Haslam
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 1999
        On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 03:03:09PM -0700, michael.zimmerman@... wrote:
        > Maybe you know a lot more than I do.
        >
        > I'm installing Linux on a Latitude CPi D300XT, with a 3CCFE575BT.
        >
        > I am trying to understand which driver to use, and saw your
        > e-mail. Where did you pick the 575 driver?
        > Is this the one for me?

        [hm, it's not clear who you're replying to...]

        the PCMCIA packages identify the card and pick the driver according to
        /etc/pcmcia/config, e.g.:

        card "3Com 3CCFE575B/3CXFE575B Fast EtherLink XL"
        manfid 0x0101, 0x5157
        bind "3c575_cb"

        tells it to use 3c575_cb for that MANuFacturer ID.

        HTH

        SRH
        --
        Steve Haslam, Production Engineer, Excite UK shaslam@...