[linux-dell-laptops] X and the external VGA port

  • Richard T. Wittmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2000
      I want to use an external projector on the VGA port. It seems to work
      when I boot up my laptop (Dell Lattitude CPi R series, 128MB, 13GIG,
      NM256), but as soon as I issue "startx", I lose the projection and the
      laptop screen has many different "bars of color". I am running Redhat
      6.1.

      Rich
    • Richard T. Wittmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
        Well, I got it working. It turns out the "Fn" & "CRT/LCD" keys will
        toggel thru the 3 modes (LCD, CRT, LCD/CRT) if you're patient. The
        1024X768 resolution would only work in the first 2 modes. 800X600 works
        in all three modes.

        All in all, its not the best, but it is suffient for presentations thru
        a projector.

        Rich

        =499