Slackware Sound Configuration for Dell Latitude XPi CD p166 that worked

  • cberry220@home.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      I had quite a time getting sound configured on my 'new' used laptop.

      The key turned out to be having this line in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules.
      (It is similar to the line below the Sound Blaster Pro comment.)

      sb io = 0x230 irq = 5 dma = 1 dma16 = 3 mpu_io = 0x330 esstype = 1887

      I'm told that a similar line worked in the modules.conf file of
      Redhat and the conf.modules file in Caldera. I don't have Windows on
      my machine, but I hear that it lies about the configuration
      information above. Since it is supposed to be ESS1888, maybe that
      would work as well as 1887, but I'm done messing with this until it
      breaks.

      Hope this helps sombody else.