Re: [linux-dell-laptops] CPxH Latitude display SuSE - newbie question

  • David Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001
      On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:25:18PM -0000, ponyrace16@... wrote:
      > 14.1 display. The choice that I made during the default installation
      > made the display too large for the screen and I'm not sure what to do
      > that won't make it worse.

      Hi,

      What does `made the display too large mean'? If it is that you
      are trying to use a screen resolution that is higher than the one your
      display can handle, the solution is editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
      (assuming X version 4.0.x, else remove the -4 at the end) and in the
      Screen section in the `Modes' line remove the ones you don't want.

      David
      David Rodríguez Ibeas Undergraduate Living Form
      University of Iowa Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
      Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
      Iowa City, IA Madrid, Spain