CPxH Latitude display SuSE - newbie question

  • ponyrace16@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001

      I am trying to install SuSE on a latitude CPxH 450 and am having
      difficulty with the display. The system has ATI Mobility M1 and a
      14.1 display. The choice that I made during the default installation
      made the display too large for the screen and I'm not sure what to do
      that won't make it worse.

      If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. I'm
      brand new at and promise, once I can read the screen more easily, I
      will work on being more independent!

      Thanks
      Susan
    • David Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001
        On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 01:25:18PM -0000, ponyrace16@... wrote:
        > 14.1 display. The choice that I made during the default installation
        > made the display too large for the screen and I'm not sure what to do
        > that won't make it worse.

        Hi,

        What does `made the display too large mean'? If it is that you
        are trying to use a screen resolution that is higher than the one your
        display can handle, the solution is editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
        (assuming X version 4.0.x, else remove the -4 at the end) and in the
        Screen section in the `Modes' line remove the ones you don't want.

        David
        David Rodríguez Ibeas Undergraduate Living Form
        University of Iowa Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
        Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
        Iowa City, IA Madrid, Spain