RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Some newbie questions (R.H. 7.1 on i5Ke): internal modem, sound.

  • Mac Crack
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2001
      Hi there

      I have the same problem with my winmodem (lucent) I downladed the driver for it (http://www.heby.de/) install the driver and instead the RH dial-up configurator use the Kppp. That one finds the modem and works fine. I didn't figure out how to make it work with the RH dial-up configurator but (at least in my case, Inspiron 8K) with the kppp works for sure. The only thing you have to do is change the name for the path to the kernel (/usr/src/linux-2.4) change it to /usr/src/linux (mv /usr/src/linux-2.4 /usr/src/linux) in order to make the drivers work. Then you can change it back. As I said before in my I8K works fine. Download the driver and read the README for more configuration tips. It is very important that you cahnge the path or otherwise it wont find the path to install the driver and it will give you an error while compiling the driver.

      Please try this and tell me if it works, if it doesn't I'll try to give you some more advise in this matter.

      Regards

      Mac