[linux-dell-laptops] Re: sound on Lattitude Cpi A366XT

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 1999
      On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:22:21 -0700, you wrote:

      >NeoMagic
      > MagicMedia 256.

      very bad luck. There is no driver for this card, commerical or free though try
      www.opensound.com - where allegedly an unsupported commercial driver can work
      for some people.

      >Has anyone installed such a card?

      I think it may be possible to get it to work in sound blaster emulation mode but
      you might need a DOS utlility to get the io,dma values.

      A colleague of mine who's an expert linux couldn't get it to work. Write to
      neomagic and complain then they may cooperate on getting a driver written.