[linux-dell-laptops] free isp with linux

  • sm0le
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2000
      I have a free isp's setup on my windows box, could anyone tell me how i
      could set them up on linux, i have one free isp in which it uses a
      banner but i also have another free isp that doesnt use the banner.

      Could anyone please tell me how to set it up and is the software gonna
      conflict with it the free isp with the banner is Netzero. any help
      would be appreciated and rewarded with a link to DeCSS thank u and keep
      linux open source!! ...DVD
    • sjohni@catholic.org
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2000
        I use Worldspy.net with my linux box for modem/dialup access.

        I'm not sure about netzero but here's what I did for Worldspy.net.

        Try dialing up on your windoze side and running "winipcfg" once you're
        connected from the "Run" applet under the Start button. Take down the
        DNS information.

        Go to your dialup networking folder under My Computer and see if
        there is a dial-up networking icon for netzero in there. Under
        properties of the netzero entry, see what the signon/logon id is and
        take note of that also. Take note of your dial-up number too while
        your're at it.

        You can then use all of this information to construct the necessary
        information to setup dial-up on Linux.

        Hope this helps.

        sji