Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Advice wanted for i8K configs

  • David Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2001
      On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 06:52:56PM -0400, Philip P. Dixon wrote:
      > I'm not sure about this one. I have the separate CD-RW and DVD drives. The
      > only problem you may run into is whether or not you have DVD issues when you use
      > ide-scsi on that drive. You may have to set up two separate lilo entries, one
      > specifying append="hdc=ide-scsi" to burn cds, one without that line to play
      > DVDs. It may not be an issue.

      This is not needed. I use both the CDRW and the DVD with ide-scsi emulation.
      I have not been able to descramble DVDs yet, but it does read the data. It is a
      problem with my (mis)configuration of xine. I'll fix it if I find the time.

      David

      David Rodríguez Ibeas Undergraduate Living Form
      University of Iowa Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
      Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
      Iowa City, IA Madrid, Spain