Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 422

  • David Reiter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30 2:59 PM
      David,
      I tried the UseBIOSDisplay option without any luck :( Any other
      ideas?
      Here is the output from SuperProbe:

      First video: Super-VGA
      Chipset: ATI Rage Mobility (Port Probed)
      Memory: 8192 Kbytes
      RAMDAC: ATI Mach64 integrated 15/16/24/32-bit DAC w/clock
      (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))
      (programmable for 6/8-bit wide lookup tables)
      Attached graphics coprocessor:
      Chipset: ATI Mach64
      Memory: 8192 Kbytes

      As for the Radeon drives, I cut out part of the log that
      also mentioned loading the 128 drivers. I don't know what
      it uses the Radeon for, but the 128 is loaded. Here is the
      full section of the log:
      (II) ATI: ATI driver (version 6.2.3) for chipsets: ati, ativga
      (II) R128: Driver for ATI Rage 128 chipsets: ATI Rage 128 RE (PCI),
      ATI Rage 128 RF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 RG (AGP), ATI Rage 128 RK (PCI),
      ATI Rage 128 RL (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Pro PF (AGP),
      ATI Rage 128 Mobility LE (PCI), ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (AGP),
      ATI Rage 128 Mobility MF (AGP), ATI Rage 128 Mobility ML (AGP)
      (II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
      ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP)
      (II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
      (II) ATI: Candidate "Device" section "ATI|Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x".
      (II) ATI: Shared PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:0 detected.
      (II) ATI: Shared PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:0 assigned to active "Device"
      section "ATI|Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x".

      David.