[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Ready to take the plung!

  • Brian Kane
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2000
      Well, then how does your machine do "suspend-to-disk"?! I've got suspend to
      disk working in Windows and Linux....

      Dell has a utility to recreate this partition if you need it. Otherwise,
      just disregard that partition. Basically, you need to have two bootable
      partitions in the first 8GB of the drive. WinNT/2K will put its bootloader
      on one, and LILO will go on the other. Resize your Fat32 partition, install
      Linux and create the necessary partitions for /boot and / during setup.
      After that's all done setup Win2k and allow it to make an NTFS partition in
      the unpartitioned space remaining....

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2000
        I'll give it a shot and let you know the outcome. Thanks for the advice.