Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: DELL Inspiron 8000/Redhat LINUX 6.2

  • David Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2001
      On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 05:24:30PM -0000, landry_m@... wrote:
      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > Did you ever receive any response or information on this? I have
      > just acquired a Dell Inspiron 8000 and I am about to try to install
      > RH 6.2 on it. New to linux too, so I would appreciate any thoughts
      > or help.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike

      I don't know about it, but from the list I guess that you are
      probably better off by installing something newer. Last RedHat and
      Mandrake seem to work really good on that machine. With an older version
      you will have to fix many things before getting to the working state that
      these newer versions seem to achieve by themselves.

      David

      David Rodríguez Ibeas Undergraduate Living Form
      University of Iowa Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
      Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I. Telecomunicación
      Iowa City, IA Madrid, Spain