[linux-dell-laptops] sound on Lattitude Cpi A366XT

  • anguyen@ee.gatech.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 1999
      Hello,

      I have a Lattitude CPi A366XT. I've just installed Caldera OpenLinux
      2.2.

      I can't seem to get the sound card to work. My sound card is the
      NeoMagic
      MagicMedia 256.

      Has anyone installed such a card?
      I am somewhat new at this. So, please be patient with the advices.

      Thanks,
      Anh
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 1999
        On Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:22:21 -0700, you wrote:

        >NeoMagic
        > MagicMedia 256.

        very bad luck. There is no driver for this card, commerical or free though try
        www.opensound.com - where allegedly an unsupported commercial driver can work
        for some people.

        >Has anyone installed such a card?

        I think it may be possible to get it to work in sound blaster emulation mode but
        you might need a DOS utlility to get the io,dma values.

        A colleague of mine who's an expert linux couldn't get it to work. Write to
        neomagic and complain then they may cooperate on getting a driver written.