[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Question about Dell Inspiron 5000 heat and noise ?

  • Marc Laforest
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 1:18 PM
      "ramiro estrugo" <ramir-@...> wrote:
      =431
      > This laptop is perfect for what I need. However, i care alot about
      > heat and noise.
      >
      > Can someone using one of these beasts comment on the following:
      >
      > 1. How hot does it get after a few hours of use ? Does it burn your
      > lap ?
      >
      > 2. How noisy is the fan when it does come on ? Hard drive ?
      >
      > thanks in advance

      I have the Quantex W series laptop which is identical to
      the Inspiron 5000 and I haven't found any difficulties
      with the three things you mention.

      I left it on for almost two days and the heat was not excessive.
      It was hot but It wasn't burning. The fan barely makes any
      noise. If heat is an issue for you, get the PIII instead of the
      PII or the celeron (heat is an issue because it is related to
      the life of the CPU). I don't know how hot it gets underneath the
      laptop.

      The hard disk noise is fine. I've seen it worse elsewhere.

      Good luck
      Marc