[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Video problem

  • bkitchen@slxcg01.csw.l-3com.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 1999
      I have a Dell Latitude CPiA laptop running Red Hat Linux 5.2. After
      some hacking, we managed to get it to run X even with the notorious
      Neomagic 256 chipset. Except for one thing: when you close the screen
      (causing the machine to suspend), and then reopen it, the graphics are
      corrupted. This is not a problem in Windows. I am assuming that the
      graphics card gets shut down on a suspend, and must be reinitialized,
      which is handled nicely by the Windows drivers but not by Linux. I
      notice you posted a query for help about a similar problem with your
      Latitude CP M233XT. Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

      - Brent Kitchen

      =14