[linux-dell-laptops] Réf. : headaches I got with Mandrake 7.0

  • Frederic CORNE
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2000
      > Alessandro Russo writes:
      > I had the following problems "updating" from RH 6.1 to Mandrake 7.0:

      There is always problems with upgrading these two distributions. On ANY
      machine desktop or laptop.
      Upgrading RH 5,x to Mdk 6.x -> no problem
      but now RH 6.1 and Mandrake 7.0 seems to be very differents.
      a rpm of RH can work on Mdk and vice-versa but not the entire distribution.

      >1) PPP doesn't work anymore
      it is the most difficult thing on a laptop after the screen.
      have you tried to erase manualy (rm -f..) all ppp stuff of rh and than
      force the install of pppMdk ?
      It is also possible that this is a pcmcia module misconfiguration.

      PPP and network work far more better on linux MDk6.1 than on WinNT on my
      latitude CPi with Dacom Gold card.

      FC