[linux-dell-laptops] Configure mouse Error

  • lmlafa@mail.idt.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 1999
      Whenever I try to install Redhat Linux 6 on my Dell Inspiron 7000
      laptop, I get all the way to after it installs the packages, then after
      that I get a Error box with message saying "An error occured durning
      step "Configure mouse" of the install." Then 3 options Previous witch
      does nothing, Retry witch gives the same error, and menu. If I select
      menu it gives a list of the other installing options that I need to do,
      but when I try to pick one...like "Configure networking" or "Configure
      timzone" it returns to the menu like nothing happened, the only options
      that do work are set root password, and make boot disk, and exit. If I
      do try to exit alot of things arent set so I can't login and use
      anything. The laptop has one of those touch pad type mouses, but ive
      also tryed it with a 3 button PS/2 mouse, and bolth give the error. Im
      booting from the CD.