[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Insprion3700 and kernel 2.2.14

  • David Royer
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2000
      On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Simon wrote:

      > Hi all
      > I have a little problem: I just have compiled a new kernel-version
      > 2.2.14. The actual distribution is RedHat 6.1. And now I hve some
      > troubles to boot this kernel, I think the problem is the lilo option
      > vga=??. The old lilo option was vga=791. But with the new kernel I
      > can't set this option. The xserver could not start.

      Just one thought...did you compile in support for the frame buffer?
      Specifing the vga=?? line requires you to have framebuffer support
      compiled into your kernel. I don't have the exact config options you need
      to specify with me right now, so you might want to rerun your favorite
      config option (menuconfig, config, xconfig, etc) and make sure you yave
      the framebuffer stuff turned on.

      Dave