Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Keeping Laptops cool

  • Art Delano
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2001
      on 5/2/01 11:15 AM, Sunny Dubey at dubeys@... wrote:
      > I've searched google for laptop cooling equipment, and have yet to find much.
      > I did fine a product called "Laptop Cooler Pad" (
      > www.3dcool.com/laptopcoolerpad.shtml ). Has anyone tried this product? The
      > reviews on other various sites suggest that this product would be fine for my
      > needs. I don't care about the cooling solution being portable, I just care
      > about its ability to make my laptop much cooler than what it is.

      Cooling pads usually fuction as insulation between the computer and your
      legs. They are usually vented to let air circulate beneath the laptop, which
      will cool it some (your body heat will not contribute as much to the
      computer's running temperature), and keeps it from burning your legs, but
      don't affect the machine more than the room's ambient conditions could.

      In other words, if it's running hot when you leave it on a tabletop, a
      cooling pad won't help much.

      AjD
      --
      Art Delano: Spring!:: Logic Solutions: 734-930-0009x215
      http://www.logiclink.com/