[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux on Dell Latitude LT

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 1999
      On Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:40:59 +0100, you wrote:

      >Second, I can't seem to get the audio components to work. Does anyone know =
      >the proper settings (I/O, Irq, DMA) for the Crystal Semiconductor audio chi=
      >pset in the LT?

      Not sure about this. Have you found the Dell laptops web page ? I'll mail the
      address on monday. Its a useful source of info. I need to get sound working on
      my machine next, after Samba !

      Neil

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
    • Glen Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 1999
        The gentleman at this URL: http://centaurs.mtk.nao.ac.jp/~avell/LetsNote.html seems to have done some work on the problem. Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese! It seems as though he's binding the CD-ROM controller card to module "ide_cs," but then mounting the card on /dev/scd0, which seems to be a SCSI device.

        Now, this is a SCSI card, but it's also ATAPI. At the moment, those are mostly initials to me. But, from what little I read, it seems as though ATAPE devices should belong to an IDE controller, so why is he mounting /dev/scd0?