[linux-dell-laptops] New latitude CPt

  • Brian Kane
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
      OK, I have a new Dell latitude CPt with a 12GB disk. There is a 110 MB
      first partition. What is on this partition? I assume Dell stuff.... Dare
      I remove it?

      The remainder of the disk was FAT32, with Win98 on it. I have since
      clobbered that partition. I would like to do the following:

      ~110 MB Dell partition
      ~4000 MB FAT32 with Win98
      ~4000 MB NTFS with Win2K (RC2 Prof for now)
      ~1500 MB FAT16 (scratch area for all OSes)
      ~128 MB Linux Swap
      ~2000 MB Ext2, Linux /

      I wondering how this will work if at all. With the first 4 partitions in
      place and 98 and 2000 up and running, I had difficulty creating the Ext22
      partition in RH6.1 text setup process. It claims that the boot partition is
      too big?!? Does it really matter what the boot partition is, especially if
      I boot Linux with a floppy or boot all three OSes with a boot manager?

      Anyway, I'd appreciate any insights on this, as well as any recommendations
      for the best way to triple boot the system so that it is convenient to move
      among the OSes. Can I somehow modify the 2000 boot manager (NTLDR,
      boot.ini?) to include Linux in my choices?

      Thanks,
      Brian
    • tomek k
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
        this is propably suspend-to-disk partition.
        tomek

        http://click.egroups.com/1/1704/3/_/4243/_/951232409/

        http://www.egroups.com/docvault/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1

        http://im.yahoo.com