splash screen

  • Stephen Lau
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
      Just thought I'd send this out... :) I took one of the images from
      "pingus" and converted it to be used as a splash screen. Anyhow, it's a
      nice replacement for the Dell splash screen. Right now it says
      "ceylon.dyndns.org" underneath the penguin - but that's simple to change
      with gimp or something.

      It's g'zipd, so gunzip it - and then run the splash.exe utility.

      -steve
      "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    • don@hawktech.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
        I have the "Born to frag" tux for a splash screen if anyone wants it.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
          i'm interested in seeing it.. :) can you send it my way?

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2001
            I just uploaded a tar.gz with all the utils I used to set up s2d (
            there are several dell s2d disks) it also has the splash and asset tag
            util. included is the origional dell splash screen and the born to
            frag logo. this is for the I8000 use at your own risk! works with bios
            a09 a06 I haven't tried any others

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > --
            > stephen lau :: [slau@u...] :: www.whacked.net :: ucsd/cse grad
            student
            > "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open
            one's mouth and remove all doubt."
          • bilbo
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2001
              On 30 Apr 2001, at 16:51, Stephen Lau wrote:

              > Just thought I'd send this out... :) I took one of the images from
              > "pingus" and converted it to be used as a splash screen. Anyhow, it's a
              > nice replacement for the Dell splash screen. Right now it says
              > "ceylon.dyndns.org" underneath the penguin - but that's simple to change

              I did something slightly different - I created an image which
              contains my name, telephone numbers etc. It probably wouldn't
              help if I lost the toy (or it was stolen) but it's possibly better than
              nothing.....

              regards,
              Bill