Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Nvidia Geforce2 Go supported by X

  • Matthew Geier
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2001
      "J. Orrell" wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > A good time to ask a simple question... The drivers on the Nvidia site are
      > Red Hat 6.1, 6.2, 7.0.... So do I need to wait for one that claims 7.1 to
      > get it running properly (with 7.1)?

      I'm running the Nvidia driver on RH7.1 on my desktop with a TNT card. I
      don't think its
      as stable as it was with XFree 4.0.2 as with 4.0.3 that RH7.1 comes
      with.
      It may be an AGP issue in my case. Old BX chipset motherboard, old TNT
      card. Its never been entirely stable with any version of the Nvidia
      driver. (Sold with the no 3D 'nv' driver thats part of XFree - but that
      doesn't support all of Nvidia's chips).