[linux-dell-laptops] RH6.0 on Inspiron 3500

  • arnold@ls11.cs.uni-dortmund.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 1999
      Hi there,

      I've installed RH6.0 on an Inspiron 3500, and I have a few flaws left:

      - Sometimes the system hangs for a few minutes after starting Gnome.
      On
      these sessions, it also hangs for a while when quitting Gnome. The
      problem seems to occur much more frequently when using a tcsh
      instead
      of a bash.

      - The SVGA server runs fine, but installing the X server from
      Precision
      Insight for the Neomagic card made things worse. Ghostscript
      antialiases
      fine with the SVGA server, and by far not as good using the
      accelerated
      one.

      Any help greatly appreciated,
      Dirk