[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell/Neomagic chipset/graphics - it works!

  • Paul Gilligan
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
      Well I have given up playing with the XF86Config
      files. No too happy with the poor config options.

      I have tried the demo from http://www.xig.com/
      wonderfull!! Now I have full use of the video card so
      I have bought a copy.

      Now I have re-installed RedHat 6.1 and about to patch
      the kernel to 2.2.3 which it is said has a fix for the
      Neo magic sound.

      Then I will try and build up a 2.2.13 kernel of my own
      to include the latest pc card drivers(pcmica stuff).

      I am using Dell Bios A05, and a docking station will
      arrive soon... so here goes for more fun.

      (I will be connecting the laptop through the docking
      station to a solaris intel server for home dev - I
      will be trying network booting)

      Paul

      article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?start

      http://click.egroups.com/1/1156/3/_/4243/_/950194911/

      > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the
      > group calendar!
      > --

      http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2000
        On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:01:22 -0800, you wrote:

        >Gentelmen, I have a cpi A400XT and it video works pretty good but I am
        >having difficulty getting the port/dock to work with the external
        >monitor. Any ideas? I'm using Caldera 2.3.

        There's an option somewhere you need to set - display = "_internal" or something
        like that.