[linux-dell-laptops] LCD Panels

  • Paul D Gilligan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2000
      ....ok running development branch of kernel 2.3.38.

      If I set the XF86Config to a larger resolution than 800x600 then run
      startx it says that no the LCP panel is 800x600 and it removes the
      lines from its config and stops with errors.

      What I cannot workout is where does it get this info about the panel
      size?
      I have set it to the high resolution in the config.

      ... and how do you switch video modes anyway?

      Paul