[linux-dell-laptops] XFree86 on Dell Cpi R

  • tomek k
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
      Hello all,
      I want to install Xfree86 on the Dell CPi R laptop
      with NeoMagic 256ZX. My driver NM2200 does not support
      this driver. Where can I found it? How to configure
      XF86Config for my Dell?

      Tomasz
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Paul Gilligan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
        I have done this but look at:

        http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.5/neo.html

        http://www.radcyberzine.com/linux/linux-dell.html

        Also you should go for the kernel 2.2.14 I think, I am
        working on that version with the sony patch for the
        sound card - having some problems.

        Tonight I will try the kernel 2.3.38 which seems to
        have a lot of sound type fixes.

        Paul

        --- tomek k <kaczor706@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        > I want to install Xfree86 on the Dell CPi R laptop
        > with NeoMagic 256ZX. My driver NM2200 does not
        > support
        > this driver. Where can I found it? How to configure
        > XF86Config for my Dell?
        >
        > Tomasz
        > http://im.yahoo.com

        > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as
        > low as 2.9%
        > Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers,
        > Rewards Points,
        > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today
        > and get the
        > credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard
        > Visa at:
        >
        > -- Easily schedule meetings and events using the
        > group calendar!
        > --

        http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • tomek k
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
          Hi Paul
          Thank you for very quick answer.
          I'm running 2.2.13-7mdk. Do you have any experience
          with this platform?

          Regards,
          tomek

          http://www.egroups.com/docvault/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1

          http://im.yahoo.com
        • Paul Gilligan
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2000
            That version should be ok get the latest of 2.2.13
            thought have a look at the laptop sites for dell.
            There they talk about an extact version of 2.2.13.

            There is a sony pathc for that version, but I have not
            tried it, maybe I like adventures I will be trying
            2.3.38 tonight which it seems has all these sound type
            patches included.

            Paul

            http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=linux-dell-laptops&m=1

            http://im.yahoo.com
          • Alan Harding
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 10, 2000
              I had version RH6.1 and 2.2.12 kernel. I have a working XF86Config that
              gives 1024x768x16bpp. If you email me I will send a copy to you

              =353