Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Digest Number 349 - Part 8

  • linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      Can this be
      performed during the install?
      Q: StudyWeb: Arts:Fine Arts:Art Schools
      Q: GERD: An Update
      Q: IDEAL DIALYSIS
      Q: WinZip� - Download Page
      Q: StudyWeb: Science:Life Sciences:Medicine:Diagnosis & Treatment:Anesthesia
      Si su pregunta no ha sido contesta, por favor pulse aqu� para enviar la pregunta a un experto

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Robert Morgan" wrote:
      > Does the limit still apply to booting, or is this a hibernation
      specific
      > problem?
      New versions of LILO support booting from a partition
      anywhere on
      > your disk, beyond 8g. On my I5ke my drive is partitioned
      >
      > hda1 Win2k 20g
      > hda2 /boot 10m
      > hda3 / 8g reiser
      > hda4 /swap
      >
      > This with lilo 21.7
      >
      > - Robert

      Anyhow,
      > > I was just going to keep the windows partition as hda1, but now
      I'm
      > > concerned about getting s2d & the boot partition under the
      cylinder limit.
      > > It seems maybe I should do something like:
      >
      > If you keep the windows partition on 3 GB, then you have lots of
      > space to put the rest of the stuff before hitting the 8 GB limit (it
      is 8,
      > isn't it?
      ) The name of the partitions (hda1, hda2, hda#) should not
      matter,
      > just where they are in the disk. I don't know about the hibernate
      partition,
      > but it is possible that your system already comes with it. (Mine did
      not).

      > > hda1
      > > hda2 /boot (with LILO installed here)
      > > hda3
      > > hda4 extended
      > > hda5
      > > hda6 /
      > >
      > > I assume when I get it, probably all 20 gigs will be allocated as
      hda1 to
      > > Windows. Is there a way to move/swap partition
      assignments/ordering to
      > > achieve my desired ordering?
      Or is there a solution that will let
      me
      > > leave the Windows partition as hda1?
      If I can fit the /boot
      partition

      )
      > twice as much swap as RAM
      > Windows <=5 GB (Any number there should do)
      >
      > you still have around 400 M inside the limit (if it is 8GB, which I
      believe
      > it is) for the boot partition and I would not make bigger than 100 M
      anyway.
      > And you could also change the order to
      hibernate/windows/boot/swap/...

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > David Rodr�guez Ibeas Undergraduate Living
      Form

      > University of Iowa Universidad Polit�cnica de
      Madrid
      > Electrical & Computer Engineering E.T.S.I.
      Telecomunicaci�n
      > Iowa City, IA Madrid,
      Spain

      Message: 13
      Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:53:14 -0000
      From: brandonulrich@...
      Subject: internal TrueMobile 1150 Wireless Networking option

      Does anyone have this working under Linux?
      I am deciding between the
      wireless and wired internal network.

      Thanks.

      Message: 14
      Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:28:32 -0600
      From: tmservices@...
      Subject: Fire Sale on Credit Card Equipment 1940

      We have the best prices on Hypercom, Nurit, Verifone,
      PC Software and Virtual Software.

      Compare these prices!!!
      Verifone Tranz 330 (Terminal) $250
      Verifone Omni 3200 (Terminal w/ Printer) $450
      Verifone P-250 (Printer) $225
      Verifone Tranz 460 (Terminal w/ Printer $425
      Hypercom T7P (Terminal w/ Printer) $375
      Nurit 2085 (Terminal w/ Printer) $410
      Nurit 2090 (Wireless Terminal w/ Printer) $1055
      PC Software $195
      Virtual Software with Shopping Cart $195

      * All Physical products come with manufactures warranty.
      * All products come with our Lowest price guaranteed.
      Find a lower advertised price on the same credit card
      equipment and we will match the price plus a $15 discount!!

      Need a Merchant Account?
      Shop here and save!
      No application fee.
      Competitive rates.
      24 hour customer support
      Fast approval - Online Application!

      Call Now!
      888-678-8250

      Same Equipment, Lowest Price.
      Guaranteed!

      Stop leasing equipment for thousands of dollars!
      Shop here and save!

      Message: 15
      Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:28:32 -0600
      From: tmservices@...